As general surgeons, we do a variety of surgical procedures, including treating gallbladder disease, hemorrhoids, colon problems, and peripheral vascular problems; repairing hernias; placing ports for dialysis; and treating breast disease. Our physicians can also perform your surgery at the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital.
Links to information about some of our more common surgeries and procedures are in the left column.
Leaders in Innovative Surgery
We have introduced several surigical procedures to the Jackson community. These include …
- A lumpectomy for removing breast cancer.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic cholecystectomies to remove gallbladders (The procedure used for 90 percent of gallbladders today.)
- Laparoscopic hernia and appendectomy surgery.
- Video-assisted thoracoscopy for performing certain lung procedures.
- Laparoscopic nissen fundoplication to treat gastroesophageal reflux diseases.
- Thoracic aortic stent grafting for thoracic aneurysms.
We also evaluate breast lesions through the use of stereotactic non-invasive breast biopsy and we are on the leading edge of technology by offering sentinel lymph node biopsies. These minimally invasive procedures result in easier and often faster recovery for patients.
Surgeries are done at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital, with some procedures done in the clinic.