"Hemorrhoids, also called piles, are swollen and inflamed veins around your anus or in your lower rectum.
The two types of hemorrhoids are
- external hemorrhoids, which form under the skin around the anus
- internal hemorrhoids, which form in the lining of the anus and lower rectum
Hemorrhoids are common in both men and women1 and affect about 1 in 20 Americans. About half of adults older than age 50 have hemorrhoids.
You are more likely to get hemorrhoids if you
- strain during bowel movements
- sit on the toilet for long periods of time
- have chronic constipation or diarrhea
- eat foods that are low in fiber
- are older than age 50
- are pregnant
- often lift heavy objects
For more information, please click on the link listed below!